dbShards/Scale is a complete solution for converting existing applications and databases to use database sharding as well as enabling new applications to be rapidly built to take advantage of sharding.
Using dbShards/Scale analysis tools, database users can determine:
- If Database Sharding is a valid approach for specific applications;
- Determine the optimum Database Sharding strategy;
- Reliably predict the performance gains that can be achieved with Database Sharding.
After the "shard-ability" analysis is complete, dbShards/Scale provides the tools to:
- Shard the database (create multiple small sharded databases from one source database)
- Manage and monitor database shards at runtime
- Provide support for real-time failover (within and across data centers)
- Optimize Database Sharding based on ongoing changes in application and data characteristics.
In most cases, dbShards/Scale can be implemented without application code changes. The sharded database application can run transparently across a number of commodity servers and disks, in a highly reliable and extremely affordable configuration.